Services Provided by the SPCA
- temporary refuge and humane care for animals in need
- adoption of companion animals into a loving, responsible environment
- reduce local pet overpopulation via a proactive spay/neuter program;
- humane education programs and shelter tours;
- promotion of responsible pet care; and
- preventing cruelty to and removing animals from abusive situations.
- I.D. tags are distributed free from the Shelter. This provides a convenient way for your animals to be identified and returned to your home.
- Lost/Found reports are taken daily. Every effort is made to cross reference these to reunite owners and lost pets.
Acceptance Policy: We accept animals only from the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.